PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.16.2011

Alaska State Fair

Over Labor Day weekend, we decided to have some Alaska fun and check out the Alaska State Fair that was concluding at the end of the long weekend. It was fun and totally different.  It was most certainly the first time I had ever gone to a fair wearing a coat and jeans while also wondering if we were going to be warm enough.  There were even coffee shacks on the fair grounds!  We had a great time though, ate yummy food, checked out the crazy vegetables that are ridiculous in size, saw a few great shows, and really just had fun.

Photobucket
Sweet P's very first ride by herself. She didn't even look back. She just hopped on and held the bar...and smiled. This kid loves to go on rides.
Photobucket
Haha, I don't think the kiddo is going to believe me when I tell her she used to refuse to eat corndogs. She loves them so much now!
Photobucket
We've read "Curious George Goes to the Toy Store" a few too many times over the summer and the kiddo knew exactly what to do with the hula hoop. But knowing what to do and having the skill are two totally different things. But I've got to hand it to her, she tried and tried again and had fun doing it. I like her persistence.
Photobucket
 Before calling it a day, we did one last ride together on the ferris wheel as a whole family. The views were gorgeous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment