
that I love.
This post was inspired by Stacey from The Blessed Nest.
1) My family. I have truly been blessed with an amazing husband of almost (very very nearly) 6 years, who is loving, encouraging, understanding, and so many other adjectives! I also have a beautiful daughter who brings so much joy that despite only being 7 1/2 months old it's already getting difficult to imagine what life was like before her. Then there's the two pups, Matty and Eli who definitely bring laughter, tons of sloppy wet kisses, greetings at the door when we come home, and totally can't forget all the black hair that Eli leaves behind in his wake. :)
2) Technology and phones. Seriously, how awesome is it that I can talk to P via phone or Internet even though he's many time zones away with the span of an ocean and a whole bunch of land distancing us? So awesome and it really has quite an effect when its just been one of "those days".
3) My home. We have been so incredibly blessed with the four walls and a roof over our heads that we call home. It is slowly--okay a little bit faster right now with the deployment as I keep myself entertained and occupied by decorating, but it is really starting to get our stamp on the place.
4) It's nearly August which means the end of this deployment is near! 'Nuf said on that one. :)
5) It's summer...so awesome weather (I like the heat and humidity), fun thunderstorms, plants and flowers, swimming, the beach, the crickets chirping outside in the swamp. I really could go on and on.
6) Yogurt and pears. This is a new-found favorite combination that I discovered this summer. Simply just pears pureed and some plain yogurt. I'm pretty simple when it comes to yogurt. Another fave is plain yogurt mixed with some raspberries and a little bit of honey. Mmmm...
7) Nap times for the kiddo. They give me a sanity break to an extent but also enable me to get some chores (or other tasks like painting) done that are just too difficult while entertaining a kiddo about to crawl.
8) The smiles from my sweet little girl. They just melt my heart.
9) This new corn/bean salad recipe I made this week. For the recipe, visit MckMama's blog here.
10) Colorado--a state I so didn't appreciate while growing up there but now can't wait to return to. Some day we'll live there again and enjoy the mountain views, the year-round mountain activities, the parks, the trails, the people and culture, the thunderstorms. Sigh...some day. But for now I'll just enjoy all the places we'll call home.





No comments:
Post a Comment