PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.10.2010

Thoughts on picture placement?

I have this terrible tendency to purchase or receive picture frames and not fill them. In fact, it has gotten to the point that my love sorta jokingly tells me I'm not allowed to buy any more until all the others are filled.

Last year during the deployment, I told myself that I was going to have every single frame filled by the time he got back home. I failed...miserably. In fact, I actually emptied out a few already filled ones making the pile of unfilled frames grow rather than shrink. Go figure.

So I have a couple of frames with an already pre-planned purpose from my birthday...from 2009...ahem...February of 2009. Yeah...nearing a year and a half ago at this point. So really, if I have any hope of seeing this idea come to life before our next move, I probably ought to get to it as I'm definitely starting to feel the clock ticking.

I have been planning on placing them above the loveseat in our front living room since before I even got them. At this point I'm tired of seeing them sitting on the floor and figure if I get them up and order my pictures for them, then maybe, just maybe I'll have 4 less frames to fill before my love gets home from his latest trip away from home. That, and I'm really working on getting this room in a happier and more of a finished state.

So here's my dilemma. I always envisioned 4 frames in grid-pattern. I decided to check out Ballards How-To to get an idea on spacing. However, while reading the "how-to" I read about how doing an odd number might be better suited for my purpose. So now I'm stuck and can't decide. So what are your thoughts?


6 comments:

  1. I still don't have pictures on my living room wall either. I've been waiting to frame a picture of Zane from JANUARY of 2009, so I feel your pain. I think I like the 3 better, but either way does look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like three too. It also helps that they are all eye-level. Phill will be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I'm voting THREE! :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voting for the three, too :) though the grid pattern is fun!

    ReplyDelete