
I love muffins. They're so easy to make and something new and recent that I've discovered is how easy it is to get the kiddo to eat some good-for-her food that's packed into said muffins. So, as a result, I've been on the lookout for some good muffin recipes. Let's just say that I totally hit the jack-pot with this one. Not only is it super yummy and easy, but its a basic muffin recipe and then it gives various other "mix-in" options. "Ahh!!!" goes the angel chorus. So...here ya go!
Source: PW's Tasty Kitchen
Easy Breakfast Muffins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix well. Add egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir by hand gently just until mixed together. Over stirring will result in tough muffins.
* 2 cups All-purpose Flour
* 1 cup Granulated Sugar
* 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 1 cup Milk
* 1 whole Egg
* ½ cups Canola Oil
* 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
* Mix-ins
Mix-in ideas-
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
1 1/2 c shredded carrot and 1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 c chopped/peeled apple and 1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 c blueberries
2 med ripe bananas
Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill each muffin cup 1/2 way.Bake 18-20 mins til done.
I so can't wait to make the blueberry muffins after picking some fresh ones from the orchard in just a few months. Eee! So excited!





No comments:
Post a Comment