Now that P is home and has actually seen the transformed backyard with his own two eyes, I can now put up some pictures! Let me tell ya, it was super tough keeping it a secret, but so worth it by P's reaction. :)
We'll start off with a couple of before pictures so you can truly appreciate the transformation too...
Before:

No joke, this is our backyard lawn...er, weed patch late last summer. No trees, no deck, and not really much in terms of grass either.

This is the day after P left for the deployment and the fence was extended. The grass was really starting to grow in noticeably and green up and the maple trees we planted last fall were finally starting to leaf out.
After:

Obviously we have a deck now. :) We planted several trees and shrubs and placed them strategically in the corners to help create some privacy in addition to the two maple trees that we planted last year. We (my parents and I) put in a few Crepe Mertles, Tardiva Hydrangeas, a Smoke Bush, a Butterfly Bush, and a Shoal Creek Tree. All of this has the goal of creating privacy but also keeping the marsh as a focal point.

The flowerbed that Dad and I created around the deck.
We also decided it would be better to have a little stepping stone area immediately off of the deck with the dogs trafficking through so much...kinda tough on the grass, ya know? These pics were taken before I'd had a chance to get all of the plants in the ground, but at least you get the picture of what it was going to look like.

Ahh...nice lush green grass! I am totally loving the fact that I can walk bare foot (seriously!) in my backyard now! I am so psyched about this transformation! Next year we're looking at doing the same border around the perimeter of the fence in the backyard--especially around the shrubs we have in the back corner. Kinda sad that we'll be taking out some of the lush green grass, but I think the end result will be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment